Since the upgrade to version 3 of WordPress, I was having performance issues with the Sleepy Blue theme I used for this blog. Time for something new: I am now using the SimplePress-2 theme. I think everything is up and running again, but don’t hesitate to comment if you would see something that is not displaying correctly.
I just finished the update of our blogs to version 2.6 of WordPress.
The video below gives an overview of the changes in this version. The versioning function seems very cool!
I made a tough decision today. I decided to abandon SharePoint as a blogging tool, and I am switching to WordPress.
Why this move?
- the standard site template for blogs in SharePoint is rather limited, especially for the typical web 2.0 features (pingbacks, comments, tagging…)
- writing content is sometimes very painful. Ever tried embedding a Youtube video?
- there are some nice extensions (tag cloud, Enhanced blog Edition) but my hosting provider did not manage to install them properly
- SharePoint hosting costs me money 🙂
- I am using WordPress for our family blog and it is working great
- my friend Gert is giving great service for the php hosting.
So if you have this blog in your feedreader, don’t forget to update the feed!