Since the upgrade to version 3 of WordPress, I was having performance issues with the Sleepy Blue theme I used for this blog. Time for something new: I am now using the SimplePress-2 theme. I think everything is up and running again, but don’t hesitate to comment if you would see something that is not displaying correctly.
I just finished the update of our blogs to version 2.6 of WordPress.
The video below gives an overview of the changes in this version. The versioning function seems very cool!
Switching to WordPress…
I made a tough decision today. I decided to abandon SharePoint as a blogging tool, and I am switching to WordPress.
Why this move?
- the standard site template for blogs in SharePoint is rather limited, especially for the typical web 2.0 features (pingbacks, comments, tagging…)
- writing content is sometimes very painful. Ever tried embedding a Youtube video?
- there are some nice extensions (tag cloud, Enhanced blog Edition) but my hosting provider did not manage to install them properly
- SharePoint hosting costs me money 🙂
- I am using WordPress for our family blog and it is working great
- my friend Gert is giving great service for the php hosting.
So if you have this blog in your feedreader, don’t forget to update the feed!