I wanted to use the Microsoft Teams app on macOS to login to my personal Office 365 account, but I recently used it to login to my corporate account. That did not work out very well: Teams got into an “endless loop” asking me to sign in over and over again. It looks like Teams has some issues when switching between different accounts.
I got this solved by opening Keychain Access, and deleting the entry called Microsoft Teams Identities Cache. After that, I could sign in to Teams again with the correct account.
If you occasionally need to take a screenshot (or a screen capture of your screen), recent versions of Windows provide you with the Windows Snipping tool. It works well for simple jobs, but a recent Microsoft Garage project called Snip takes it to the next level.
It offers a number of advantages:
- it runs in the background and is always available
- it stores your screenshots in a “library” without having to save manually to a file
- you can annotate your screenshot with various drawing tools. Especially useful when you are using a tablet
- you can save your annotations in a video file and add voice-over to it (very handy for describing an issue)
On several occasions, I had my Surface Pro 3 freeze up on me on the boot screen. When I would turn on the surface, it would get to the black screen with the Surface logo, but it would not get any further. No spinner, no activity, nothing.
The following procedure fixes my issue every time:
- if the Surface is turned on, turn it off by holding the power button for at least 30 seconds
- press and hold the volume up button and the power button simultaneously for 15 seconds, then release the buttons
- screen will flash and the Surface will shut down (sometimes it gets stuck at the bios screen, just exit then)
- turn the device back on. Things should be ok now.
Check the following link for more troubleshooting tips.
We were all so happy that Microsoft recently added support for SCORM to Office Mix. Well, there might be some bad news: I installed Office Mix on a new pc today, and the button to export to SCORM is no longer there. And it seems that I am not the only one that is having this issue…
So until further notice, it might be wise not to update the Office Mix plugin.