30% of 18-44-year-olds feel anxious if they haven’t checked Facebook in the past 2 hours. Big Tech’s promise to keep us connected has given rise to a host of unintended consequences that threaten the health of people and society. #TheSocialDilemma pic.twitter.com/gQboCNsV0H
— The Social Dilemma (@SocialDilemma_) September 8, 2020
Software Update to macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 stuck at “10 minutes remaining”
I had some trouble updating my Mac to macOS Big Sur 11.3.1. The update would remain stuck at “About 10 minutes remaining”, even after leaving it on all night.
The only way to get it to install correctly, was to reboot in Safe mode:
- Shutdown your mac
- Power it on again, and keep the Shift key pressed
- Release when you get to the login screen
That fixed it for me. More info on Safe mode here.
Where is the magnifying glass/bubble in iOS 13?
If you recently upgraded to iOS 13 and your mobile keyboard skills are not those of a digital native (like mine), then you probably miss the “magnifying bubble” of the previous versions of iOS. You could tap your error, and the little magnifying glass showed you the text under your finger, and you could navigate precisely to the error.
In iOS13, the bubble is gone. But no fear, you have a similar (if not better) feature for correcting your texts if you follow this procedure:
- Type your text
- Press and hold the spacebar on the keyboard
- Move your finger from left to right to move the cursor to the error
- Voilà !
Be the spark that changes the world
TomTom device reboots continuously after update
If you have a built-in TomTom GPS in your car (Carminat – Renault), you might experience that the device reboots continuously after updating the SD Card with TomTom Home.
The device shows the startup screen, a black-and-white hourglass, and then the startup screen again, it continues endlessly.
Two actions might solve your issue:
- the support site of TomTom suggest you delete the mapsettings file. That did not solve the issue for me;
- mounting the SD card on a computer and deleting the loopdir folder in the root of the card solved the issue for me, as suggested here. Personally, deleting that folder did not delete my favorites, the only thing I had to do is set my home location again.