Since the new Notes app on macOS has a sharing function, I am planning to use it much more often. But today I shared a note with someone else, and since then, the Notes app systematically crashed when I opened it, with the message “Notes quit unexpectedly“.
This is how I managed to solve it:
- In System Preferences, navigate to iCloud
- Turn off the Notes synchronisation
- In the Finder menu, click Go while keeping the Option key pressed, and select Library
- Open the Containers folder
- Move the com.apple.Notes folder to the trash
- In System Preferences, iCloud, turn the Notes sync back on
- Start Notes again.